Brisbane - Course in Firearms Safety (10618NAT) - Category C & D
This course is delivered by Foresight Tactical on behalf of Asset College (RTO 31718)
Available Dates and Online Booking located towards the bottom of the page
Metropolitan Pistol Club, Belmont Shooting Complex, Old Cleveland Road, Belmont, Queensland 4153
Category C and D firearms are generally accessible only to individuals with an occupational need for the firearms. This includes occupations such as:
- Primary Producers
- Pest Controllers
- Firearms Dealers
- Instructors and;
- Theatrical Ordnance Suppliers.
They may also be available to firearms collectors who are members of a collector’s guild.
This course covers essential skills and knowledge relating to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport as well as a range of additional information that is essential for all shooters.
Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Semi-Automatic Shotguns.
- Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Pump Action Shotguns
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for categories C and D.
In order to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age to attend
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
For more information regarding specific licensing requirements, please visit Weapons Licensing QLD.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
Units of Competency
This course includes the following units of competency:
- WSCQPS001A Demonstrate knowledge of firearms safety, firearms and the community
- WSCQPS003A Demonstrate the safe use of category C firearms
- WSCQPS004A Demonstrate the safe use of category D firearms
This course is delivered face-to-face over 4 hours including a live fire range practice at an approved range.
Note – the timing for this course is based on the assumption that students have prior firearms handling experience. If students have not got any prior experience, the duration would increase to eight hours and we would recommend completing a Category A, B and H Firearms Safety course prior to commencing the Category C and D course.
After completing this course, you may be interested in attending further firearms training with Asset College including:
- Firearms Safety Course (Category A, B and H)
- Crossbow Safety Course (Category M)
- Basic Reloading Course
- Firearms Instructors Course
Category C Only $200
Category D Only $200
Category C & D $350
Firearms Licensing in QLD is administered by the QLD Police Weapons Licensing Branch. Information regarding the licence application process is provided during the course. For more information about licensing or to lodge an online application click here
Note – as part of the licence application, applicants are required to submit evidence of their genuine reason for a firearms licence. Examples of this include:
|Sports/Target Shooting||Membership of a shooting club|
|Occupational Requirement (including Primary Producers)||Details of your property and the requirement for firearms or a letter from your employer outlining the requirement for you to use firearms|
|Collection of Firearms||Letter outlining the firearms to be collected or membership of an approved firearms collectors guild|
This course does not meet the requirements for a Security Guard Firearms Licence – refer to Asset College (RTO 31718) Firearms and Defensive Tactics course if you intend to apply for a Security Firearms Licence.