Dalby - Course in Firearms and Weapons Safety (11029NAT) - Category H Only
This course is delivered by Foresight Tactical on behalf of Asset College (RTO 31718)
Available Dates and Online Booking located towards the bottom of the page
DOM Distribution, 37 Winton Street West, Dalby QLD 4405
Practical assessments will be completed at Dalby Pistol Club
A basic introduction to the firearms industry, this course covers the skills and knowledge essential to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, firearms terminology, safe storage and transport, as well as additional information which is essential to all shooters.
This course covers Category H weapons.
Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Semi-Auto Pistols
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for 11029NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for category H.
In order to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
For more information regarding specific licensing requirements, please visit Weapons Licensing QLD.
It is also recommended that pregnant women do not attend our firearms safety courses. If you have any questions regards this please contact us on 0468 387 745.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
Units of Competency
This course covers the following units of competency:
- NAT11029001 Demonstrate knowledge of weapons legislation, weapons, and community safety
- NAT11029005 Use Category H firearms lawfully, safely, and responsibly
This course is delivered face-to-face over 8 hours including a live fire range practice at an approved range.
After completing this course, you may be interested in attending further firearms training with Asset College including:
- Firearms Safety Course (Category C and D)
- Crossbow Safety Course (Category M)
- Basic Reloading Course
- Firearms Instructors Course
Category H: $160
Firearms Licensing in QLD is administered by the QLD Police Weapons Licensing Branch. Information regarding the licence application process is provided during the course. For more information about licensing or to lodge an online application click here
Note – as part of the licence application, applicants are required to submit evidence of their genuine reason for a firearms licence. Examples of this include:
|Sports/Target Shooting||Membership of a shooting club|
|Occupational Requirement (including Primary Producers)||Details of your property and the requirement for firearms or a letter from your employer outlining the requirement for you to use firearms|
|Collection of Firearms||Letter outlining the firearms to be collected or membership of an approved firearms collectors guild|
This course does not meet the requirements for a Security Guard Firearms Licence – refer to Asset College (RTO 31718) Firearms and Defensive Tactics course if you intend to apply for a security firearms licence.